It’s time to introduce you to some more of the brilliant businesses we recruit for.
This article is all about our long-standing clients; Ryness and QVS Electrical. Here are some facts to help you to learn all about them.
First up, we have the lighting and electrical company, Ryness. We have placed a lot of people in a variety of roles with this business who are absolutely loving their new jobs! Graduate Trainees, Branch Managers and salespeople are now working hard and progressing with the business thanks to our strong relationship with the company and their General Manager.
Take a look at these credentials:
- Ryness started as one single store, based on London’s Goodge Street, back in 1961. This means that the business has been operating for over 50 years. With the company going from strength to strength, it’s looking like they won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.
- From one solo store, Ryness now boasts 15 profit centres throughout London. Not only do they have a solid, growing network of physical branches, they also have a very fruitful online presence. Their website stocks a large variety of items and they also have a very strong presence on Amazon.
- Their range of products is impressive. They profess to be lighting and electrical retailers, but they’re much more than this. They sell over 60 types of lightbulb alone! On top of this, they sell electrical supplies, lighting products, small electricals and security products, to name just a few.
- Ryness stores are more than meets the eye, they’re retail branch/trade counter/wholesale profit centre hybrids. This means that they not only sell to the public and tradespeople, but have a wholesale offering for larger clients. Some of their corporate clients include big names within the UK retail and hospitality industries and local councils.
- Their Head Office is based in prestigious Chelsea.
- They are a very customer service and quality focused business. As they put it: “we pride ourselves on how long we’ve been in business and choose only manufacturers and brands who match our commitment to developing quality products and providing outstanding service.”
- They truly value their customers and offer them everything from their price promise to bulk discounts, a generous returns policy and extra long warranties. They believe in what they call “old fashioned customer service”.
Now we move onto QVS Electrical. You may be wondering why we’ve chosen to group these businesses together. QVS operate in a very similar way to Ryness; they sell a slightly different range of products but still offer a huge variety. Their independent spirit and customer focus is what led Ryness to invite QVS to join them; the two businesses work in partnership.
So, what makes them the business they are today?
- The very first branch of QVS opened in St Ives back in 1994. So, they’re definitely not the new kids on the block!
- They have expanded steadily over the years and there are now 12 profit centres across London and the South East.
- Like Ryness, QVS has an impressive e-commerce function. They launched their website in 1999 and serve customers throughout the UK and even abroad.
- Their pride and joy is their product catalogue, an ‘electrician’s mate’ as they call it – the current issue has over 3000 items!
- Their partnership with Ryness has been coupled with an overhaul in stock, meaning that customers can now buy even more off the shelf.
- They are just as passionate about providing excellent service: “We guarantee you’ll receive only the best at QVS.”
- Despite their growth and union with another business, they still have their independent spirit with a family-run feeling.
- They stock household name suppliers, including Philips, Duracell and Honeywell.
Why work for them?
- As you can see from the above facts, the businesses are both very much focused on quality. They are run in a very polished and professional way.
- Ryness and QVS form part of a wider group of distribution and wholesale businesses. Thanks to this the businesses are extremely reputable. They also offer amazing professional support, development and prospects for progression.
- These companies operate in a decentralised way; there is no red tape from above holding employees back. The flexibility and autonomy you would receive with either of these companies will be unlike anything you’ve experienced before.
- Both businesses are looked after by a friendly, hands-on and passionate General Manager who genuinely cares about the business and every one of its employees.
- On joining Ryness or QVS, you will receive a very competitive starting salary plus an annual profit share bonus (which is paid as a lump sum).
- The vast variety of products on sale means that you can showcase and expand your product knowledge.
- They are very focused on developing individuals; not only do they offer full support in the professional development of their staff, they hire and train individuals with potential. You may not have all of the experience but with their Graduate Trainee, Profit Centre Manager Designate and Trainee Manager roles, they will help you hone your skills and reach your goals.
- You would be joining at an exciting time. This is the perfect opportunity to become part of a growing business that is going from strength to strength.
All of this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you want to find out more about the opportunities we have with these impressive clients and others, check out our Graduates and Professionals portals. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us for a confidential chat with one of our specialist Recruitment Consultants.
Why work with Bridgewater Resources?
What do you know about recruitment companies? Recruiters can get a bad reputation and one bad recruitment company can put you off for life. Some of these businesses operate in an impersonal way. Their processes may involve a selection of CVs that they fire at their clients and not a lot else. That’s not us.
At Bridgewater, we value the relationships we build with our candidates and our clients. For us, it’s all about matching the candidate with a business and career that suits them. Everyone is different, so we tailor our approach and we can’t do this without getting to know you!
This means that we also work very closely with our clients. Our Recruitment Consultants work hard to understand our clients’ business needs. They get to know their organisation, but also who they are as an individual. We’ve been working with some of our clients since day one, so we know them inside out!
Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook for business insights, interview tips, advice and career opportunities.