Bridgewater’s team of hard-working, busy professionals are always on the lookout for new methods and techniques to improve their productivity levels and, therefore, their success. We’re sure that this is a common goal in offices and industry sectors across the country.
As part of our campaign to help our candidates and staff to boost their self-motivation and improve on productivity, our Head Office team took part in a self-motivation and productivity experiment.
For one week, they were given an additional 15-minute breaks in the morning and afternoon every day. In each break, our team members had different activities to take part in. The activities included:
1. Going for a one-mile walk
2. Cycling on an exercise bike
3. Playing an interactive team game
4. Watching a funny video
5. Passing a balloon around the office while completing A-Z brain-teasers
Every staff member completed each of the break activities twice throughout the course of the week. After completing all of the activities, they were asked to fill out a questionnaire and this is what we found:
1. Breaks made them feel more energised
2. Staff felt that they structured their time better
3. It helped them prioritise tasks
4. Breaks gave them time to clear their minds